Sunday, October 29, 2006

Loss of Perspective

Have we lost all perspective of God? I was reminded the morning by a father-like figure. That just maybe perhaps we have lost perspective on God. Blaming God for everything that doesn't neccessarily go our way. We ask ourselves, " How can a God who loves us do such a thing to us?" It is not that he doesn't love us. In my opinion, I think maybe he is trying to tell us something. We just happen to take it out of context. It is too easy to become cynical about any one thing. But should constantly be that way. I'm afraid I do not think we should. You should instead become content in a sense. You cannot become content with God. That is not the purpose. Are we supposed we content with the church or God? According to a certain somebody, you know who you are, the church should be a place where you come to worship. Not a place where you are comfortable. I may have said that wrong. So then again if you are not coming to church to worship and you are not content with just being comfortable. Then why do you continue to keep coming if you know that it is not the right timing in your life. Stop putting yourself through the agony and the pain. Personally right know in my life. I would not be at the church. In my heart I know I need to be there. I know this because my life is not where it needs to be spiritually. I have been working on that constantly. But I know it is not right, yet I occasiionally still blame God on my misfortune and judgement. It is constantly a blaming game on god for everything I don't do right or for something I don't think is fair. Life was not meant to be easy, as I am learning the very difficult way. I thank God everyday for the friendships I have or don't have. For the people I know I can trust from day to day, from conversation to conversation. So again my question to you is, "How do we gain back perspective of God?"
Thanks guys for reading.