Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Counselors/ Therapists

So do they really help treat our life's indiscretions? I think it really depends on the person and on the persons situations. Well in my situation no one really knows it except for a select few. But as the years have passed I have discovered that it has become harder and harder to hold the pain in. For some reason I just can't release the pain though. For some it is relatively easy but for me it quite difficult possibly due to the pain i have been through. Anothe rreason I have found it quite diffucult to release the pain is due to lack of self-confidence. Because I have little to no self-esteem it is so hard to tell even the closest of friends my secret. You see, I am so afraid that people will tell other people and the other people will tell other people and so forth on down the chain of friends until pretty much it seems that the whole world knows you r secret. I don't really want everyone to know what my secret is. If I wanted a lot of people to know my past, trust me, I would have already announced it on Channel 5 news. But I haven't therefore I haven't told the world. I would like to keep it that way for now. Another reason I don't tell others' my so called secret is I am afraid of losing what friendships I do have among the group I hang out with. Also I seem to seclude myself within my own body more times than not. Why I seclude myself I am not sure. Maybe that is what the therapists are for, for now.
Now what I just wrote about has to do with therapists and counselors I am not sure. Hopefully I can determine that in the weeks to come. But as for the few that actually read this, I applaud you and I also hope to hear from you soon.

No comments: